The Global Institute for Motor Sport Safety SA is seeking an ambitious Research Engineer to join its growing Geneva-based team.
Reporting directly to the General Manager Research, Mr Laurent Mekies, the Global Institute is seeking a highly motivated, flexible and innovative individual, capable of working to the highest standards. In this role, the successful candidate will develop and research future enhancements in motor sport safety across all FIA championships.
The Research Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Managing each of the research projects which will be allocated from a technical, timing and cost perspective
• Performing pure safety research in order to invent and develop future safety products and standards
• Managing experimental test and simulation work to support the development of these products
• Participating in the Global Institute’s Research Working Group in order to help contribute to a multi-disciplinary approach and ensure the engineering robustness of its projects.
• Liaising with the FIA Safety and Technical Departments in order to best transform the research work into applicable regulations
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• This position requires a candidate with a strong mechanical engineering background with at least five years’ experience of project management and/or research in the motor sport industry
• The candidate will need to be a team player, with excellent communication skills with a strong analytical approach
• The candidate will be working closely with the various stakeholders involved in the motor sport safety field
• Disciplined time management and planning will be essential for achieving objectives and targets
• Extensive travelling will be required
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org